View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm sure Amelie the song, would've been a hit in this country and once the American public was introduced to Alizee, I think the results would've been record setting.
If this song was record setting in America, she might have been just a one hit wonder. She took like 4 years off before releasing Psychédélices, and while she had every right to be private and shun media attention during those years to be a mom, as the saying goes: out of sight, out of mind.

Psychédélices went gold in sales in France when it was released, but did not play one venue in France during the tour. The Paris show was canceled, and nothing else was booked. What does this tell us? To me, it shows her local fans expected her to pick up where she left off, and when they listened to the album, they didn't like where she was going and did not support her. How can you survive as a musician if your own country is not supportive?

America might have reacted more like Mexico did and embraced her and her new style though. Hard to tell.