View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Thanks Deepwaters (and Fenris) for the translation of this article. It's a truly great article. Actually, this is probably the first interview since 1H Avec Alizée in 2003 where I really felt I gained real insight into Alizée. Celebrity media interviews are generally (sadly) pretty shallow affairs and rarely really allow the interviewee to express themselves or go into any detail about their thought processes. This was one of the exceptions, and very much reinforced my belief that Alizée is very much going about her career with a lot of thought and intelligence... trying to balance the difficult competing forces of raising a family, being successful in a difficult industry in the midst of continuing change and evolving metrics of success, and retaining her own identity and style (while also protecting her intimate identity from public view). It also confirms a great deal about Alizée, post-Mylène, which I was only able to guess at before. I think this interview answers a lot of important questions and I feel it is going to be one of my frequent points of reference.

As a side note, as poor as my french is, I'm very pleased that my french was good enough before reading the translation to have accurately gotten most of the main ideas out of the article myself. I'm making progress