View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've done quite a bit of promoting on the local level. In at work, a lot of times workers are called in who specialize at a certain job from another one of our stations in other states, such as when a catering truck smashes into a wing tip which happens all too often, heavy sheet metal workers are usually called in from Tulsa. Another problem we have fairly often is called unwanted fuel migration where the fuel level goes up in a tank during flight, usually caused by a leaking valve inside the plumping of a tank. For this workers are called in from JFK. Everytime I see someone new at work, if I have time, I get my lap top and introduce them to Alizée.

Everybody in my life knows about her. My barber, the guys at the local hardware store , concvienence store, neighbors, the mechanics where I take my truck to get fixed. I've put up flyers in the gym I go to plus many other places. I give away sample cds I made all the time. I know my freinds, family and co-workers are tired of hearing about her. So don't try and say I don't do a lot of promoting on the local level.

The thing is this hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why I'm trying to reach people on a larger scale. The more people who find out, the more likely it is that some one will find out who can make a difference. As far as using old material. Moi Lolita was seven years old when I found out about it. Didn't matter to me. All that mattered was the fact I hadn't heard it before.

Does she appreciate us? I have no idea. I think the way she treats her fans is something that was drilled into her by MF, or maybe it's just the fact that she wants to leave her job at the office or sound studio in her case. Once she leaves work, she's just completely devoted to family.

It does seem like it wouldn't take much for her to communicate with her fans more often, but I don't really know why she doesn't and as long as I don't I will give her the benefit of the doubt and keep supporting her in any way I can.