View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Will that SCSI drive be unreadable in the future and your collection will be lost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimaze View Post
You wanted to say how much you wanted to buy a new 4TB drive and clean out the Hub from top to bottom of all that Alizee goodness, then retire that SCSI as backup... just in case!

Glad I could help
That SCSI drive is a souvenir from my first (and only) job - Fujitsu, Ultra 160 SCSI, 18GB I am nowhere near to being able to download TBs from the hub, due to my internet connection... 2Mb download, blah You two were close, though

I wanted to give you an update as to how my thinking has changed since I last posted in this thread...

Mid-rant:
--------------------------------------------------
In the last 6 months, I've been in constant battle with the modern ideal of love, meaning of life, metaphysics and spirituality of people around me (both religious and non-religious alike), which at the first glance seems to encompass all you'll ever need in life, seems incredibly simple, with all its usage of words like love, happiness, depth, meaning of life,... but when you actually look at it more deeply, you notice how shallow and perverted it really is. Whenever I see people preach this modern quest for meaning of life, happiness, ... I hear a voice in my head that screams "get the fuck away!". For me, this modern spirituality and metaphysics is actually mind control for the masses. You explain them what you stand for in your life, what you want to do, how things are almost impossible, but you are going to try anyway, and they only reply "...how lovely. As for me, I just want to be happy." and then they feel so great, that they stress the word "just want to be happy".

I just hope that I've been around wrong people for all this time, and that I will be surrounded by people more like myself in the future. Sorry guys and girls, but my brain is that of an introvert, constant quest for pleasure and immediate satisfaction of my non-primitively-natural needs is not high on my list of what I want to do in my life.
I am a person of extremes, have my own problems I cannot deal with, my brain is hardwired in a way which rewards sadness more than joy, I have billions of faults I can deal with but do not, as I am too lazy and am angry at myself because of that some times... but you know what - there are times, when I wake up from my life and realize, that I basically live a life of a person I want to be, and at that times, I am the most proud and happy person in the whole world.

"Be proud of yourself and retain the child within you" is the only short advice I accept.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back to the topic - I've reread the posts in this thread, and I must say, that I am not that impressed by the posts here as much as I was 6 months before, when this thread was actual. My posts are the ones I disagree with the most. I called Alizée my symbol, even my muse, but never got around to properly explain what I meant by that.

Alizée is not a symbol of my childhood, nor of what I believe and stand for in life, not even of the seaside I soo adore. Alizée is for me only a symbol of another symbol, a transitive symbol if you wish. For me, she is a symbol of this symbol: Devant soi - 30s harmony - LB.

Yes, Alizée is for me only a symbol of something I've come to call Boutonnat's harmony, and this harmony is actually the thing I am a fan of, as for me, my ears and my brains, this harmony, this musical symbol, encompasses everything that is both good and bad in me, and everything I value in life. LB managed to capture this harmony, and he used it in one way or another in many of his works, while the best uses of this harmony can be found nowhere else than in his works done for Alizée. If you've noticed in the Articles and blog section of the forum, I am working on my own fan-creation. The primary purpose of this creation is to try to capture this harmony into the mathematical world.

In the end, without this harmony, Alizée would for me be just like Natasha St-Pier or any other female singer I would like and perhaps be a "fan" of. Beauty, being natural, being childlike, ... these are all the qualities of Alizée I would undoubtly recognize without her being backed-up by this harmony, but there would probably be nothing that would really bind me to her, which would be able to wake my interest up for her after 60 years.

Her beauty, her dancing, her voice, all the things one can learn or derive from her,... all such things pass and become replaced many times over by other things in life, but do try to play something like this LBs harmony I am talking about so much to an old man, who has long forgotten about it, and you'll be amazed by what things music can do.

Therefore, going nuts after Alizée after 60 years - plausible.

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 05-31-2013 at 09:12 PM..