View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

I've been here since 07 and can tell you that the guys on this site are tame compared to other sites I'm on that have women members.

I've worked with women every day for over twenty five years and guys they are far worse than most men are when it comes down to being "Crude".

We were just talking last month about a ex-member on the board. Those of us that were around remember what a total tease she was. Make one comment back that was half of what she said, and you were on her list as they say. She would put up sexual suggestive photographs and then be offended if someone made a risque comment about it.

I suppose that women on this site need to get a life and realize that Alizée is the women we are interested in and not them. If Karla had been around two or three years ago she would have been pounced on in a minute, but due to a few of our past women members, guys are hip to the girl game and are not playing it the way the girls want it to be played.

Plus Karla is pretty tame at least with her posts and that keeps the guys with in bounds.

The women at least in this country do not understand the obsession men have with Alizée. Even Karla said in post a few months ago "You guys need to get a life".

I would really like to see what the ratio is of males to females on the other English speaking Alizée fan boards that are located outside of France.

I'm on a firearm related board that I would say has 20 to 25 women members and they put up with a whole lot more than any women on this board ever could dream about.

I remember one women in her mid thirties, divorced, two kids, lots of guns and a Black Belt. After she had been posting for a couple of weeks the single guys on the board were throwing out marriage proposals left and right. "Oh God I'm in love do you want to get married" None of them even knew what she looked like but they all wanted to meet her. She came across in those posts as an outdoors women and tomboy and that was what those guys were looking for in a women.

I'm a mod over on a fuel mileage auto related board that AA really does take more time than it should from my responsibilities over there. We have a few thousand members and maybe if we're lucky five active women members. There has never been one sexual or derogatory comment ever made to any them. They are welcomed and cherished because they're are so few women on the board, and yet they leave for no apparent reason.

Women don't stay because it is a male dominated board. Instead of becoming one of the guys they leave. Most women want to hang with other women on a board and not with the guys. Problem is no matter how we try to welcome them they will not stay, because they feel like outsiders because of the wide ratio between the sexes.

Once some of these women establish themselves on the board the numbers will rise and the M-F ratio will start to close up. You will never see 60-40 or 50-50 until the women on the board start to stick around and become one of the guys. Once we get our active women members to 20% or more the numbers will climb as more jump on board to join them.

Last edited by ALS; 04-08-2010 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Can't spell and spell check missed it.