View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
And who is this everyone you refer to so often in your posts? Is there a member here named Everyone? I never met them. So, I assume you must be generalizing.
C'mon now V-man, don't be so hard on the guy . I'm sure by "everyone" he is refering to how, to the extent of his knowledge, most people just go to the songs they already know and enjoy. I get what he's sayin'.

It usually depends on what I feel like listening to that usually determines which songs I'll listen to. But I enjoy all of Alizée's songs so much that I generally just pick a song I feel like listening to, just to start off with, then I just enjoy all her songs that follow. I have listened to many of the "slower" songs as much as the "fast" songs, so I really do enjoy and appreciate their beauty. So you can count me out of that category of "everyone" Aaron .

However, I don't think the issue is that people skip the slower songs more so often than the faster paced ones because the slower songs aren't as good. I think it is more that the faster paced ones happen to fit the mood most of the time, or create a more enjoyable mood at times. Lilly Town, for example, is very upbeat and just creates a very fun and happy mood for me. Very enjoyable. Whereas, Tempête is slower and just doesn't have that upbeat, happy, happy tone to it. Still a wonderful song though. I just happen to want to listen to the more upbeat song more often. But then you have Par Les Paupières. It could be considered slower and calmer but I enjoy it just as much as the upbeat songs. It is just very beautiful. Then you roll on over to L'Effet, much slower and calmer. I still enjoy it but it just has a different mood. Slower, calmer, chill. It could be in a similar category as Tempête but I would listen to L'Effet over it (maybe it's the piano?). I do not skip over any songs though. I just enjoy what each has to offer.

Tempête and Cœur déjà pris are very beautiful songs as well, but it can be very well understood that one would prefer to listen to J'ai pas vingt ans, J'en ai marre, or A contre-courant over them. There just seems to more going on. I wouldn't say that people don't listen or enjoy her slower paced songs though, I certainly listen to and enjoy the slower ones. You get to really hear and experience the beauty of her voice. But it is good to just let people know these songs are there from time to time though as they can easily be overlooked.