View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Thank you for your tutorial Ray , you truly are one of the last dedicated members standing
Aww

Here are some tips on downloading the DC++ software and setting it up.

I make no guarantees about the security of this software, but I have had it running for several years continuously without any problems. There is a Linux version available that I have installed in a virtual machine to test it out and it seemed to work for basic functions but I haven't used it extensively.

First download and install the software:

After installing, run the program and click the 'Settings' gear button:

Under the 'Personal Information' form, enter a name in the 'Nick' field. Your forum name is always a good choice but you can use any name you want.

*Optional step* If you have something you want to share and make available to others, create a folder on you computer and copy the files that you want to share into that folder. (remember where it is for these next steps.) Otherwise, skip down to the last picture below.

To share a folder, click the "Sharing" option and in the window click "Add folder."

In the dialog that opens, browse your folders and select the one you want to share, then click "OK"

In the next dialog, make up a name for your share folder that other hub users will see and click "OK"

Then click "OK" at the bottom.

Then you are ready to connect to the hub. Follow the guide here:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...55&postcount=3