View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 05:00 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

A Neat Story CleverCowboy ! I don't have anything similar; except that onetime I was a Head Teller in a Bank; and a member of the Baltimore Colts ( at the time ) came in to buy a $10 money order. The girl who waited on him knew who he was and had *Stars* in her eyes; so somehow she issued him a $1,000,010.00 money order and he left with it. One of my Jobs, at the end of the day, was to count up fees on money orders which was .25 cents per $100; so when I got to her check my brain spun until I realized Hey ! This is a million dollars ! So I had to show it to the manager and since I had the copy the check had left the bank ! We had to call him to get the check back and issue a new one ! Our MO checks were only good for up to $1,000 !
A Story about Staubach is he was always in shape; as he continued the workout he did at the Naval Academy later in life. One doctor at one time said "There is No Fat on Staubach; he is all muscle ! " Ha !
At the time I didn't even watch Football; so one girl teller told me; "You are the oddest guy in existance; because you don't watch Football ! " Ha ! I started to watch it; and then I got hooked and then watched every game, so she messed me up !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 12-12-2023 at 05:03 PM..