View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I wholeheartedly agree with MA. I would just like to add that in recent memory, this has been a relatively peaceful place. But this site has experienced some very difficult times in the past where members had severe battles that sometimes went on for days on end. Those were difficult times to be a mod. Hopefully those days are behind us, but it’s always possible for it to happen again. I wouldn’t assume that moderating this forum is always a walk in the park. Fortunately, in recent memory it has been a very well-behaved community. Regardless, people who become mods come and go. And that’s the way it probably should be. It’s nice to spread the burden out a bit and to inject some new enthusiasm from time to time.

This is not a forum about fishing, camping, cars, guns, golfing, etc. or any other activity. This is not a forum about things. It’s a forum about a person, and a person that many members hold in high regard. Somehow I think this ups the ante a bit. That’s not to say that forums about things and activities don’t have their battles, or that members of such forums are not passionate about their opinions. But I feel there is bit more of a heightened sense of responsibility to keep this and other forums like it from being offensive to the person to whom it is dedicated.

I would like to thank all the mods that have done a fine job taking care of this site. And I would like to thank the members of this community. You make this place what it is.