View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Why are y'all getting that decadent out of a sudden? Sure her sales have not been - to put it mildly - impressive but it's been going on for like 3 albums and it somehow didn't deter Lilly from her career. Verily, I realize her situation has been unstable but I don't think she might be planning an "adieu" album - to me, it seems more likely that at some moment every existing label will reject her.

Don't misundestand me, it would be alright with me if she decided not to sing anymore but I just don't think it's the case - unless she's said something about that recently and I just don't know it.
I didn't mean to sound decadent (perhaps you meant pessimistic?) If that's how it came across then maybe that actually reflects the situation with Alizée's career. What I meant to say is that people were worried about "the last song on the album" being a farewell, not just on Blonde but also on 5 and UEDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
I think the last song on Blonde was her swan song, and she was symbolically saying good bye to her fans, and there would be no more albums.
I admit I was worried myself with the last song on "5" (Dans Mon Sac, which followed Happy End). With her sales figures, a farewell has seemingly been more and more likely. But reassuringly as we have seen, after UEDS came 5, and after 5 came Blonde. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.