View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not, I first saw Alizée on American TV in primetime back in the Gourmandises era. It was an excerpt from her Parler Tout Bas video. It was shown on some kind of news magazine program talking about teen issues concerning growing up in this day and age. I was immediately spellbound by her, the video and the song. They mentioned her name and that she was French, but by the next day I had forgotten her name and was unable able to find out more about that lovely girl I saw, or her music. But there was something about Alizée’s face and voice and how they appealed to me personally. I’d swear they were hard-coded into my genes, because the first time I saw and heard her there was a sense of recognition, like déjà vu.

Fast forward to 2006 when I saw JEAM on Google videos. I was immediately spellbound again, but it wasn’t until I searched for more of her videos that I found Parler Tout Bas and made the connection and it all made sense to me. I guess I was lucky to get a second chance.