View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 08:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Is it not a case of the videos being taken down due to copyright?
I'm no expert on the subject, but here are some of my thoughts considering my experiences with Youtube copyrights over the years.

Their copyright rules have changed over the years. When I first became a fan of hers, the "Stars A Domicile" videos were all over YT. Then a few years later, most if not all of them were taken down. Now they are back up again.

Here's a video of mine where I dubbed the song K O over En Concert clips.

Under the description of the video it says,

Song
K.-O.
Artist
Alizée
Album
Blonde
Licensed to YouTube by
SME (on behalf of Jive Epic); UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, Polaris Hub AB, LatinAutor - SonyATV, and 4 Music Rights Societies

So they are aware it's copyrighted material, but they allow it, but they don't let you monetize it.

Here's my six pack of Alizée video where I had used portions of 6 of her early songs.

Here's what is says under description.

Suggested by Believe Music
Moi, Alizée
Music in this video
Learn more
Listen ad-free with YouTube Premium
Song
J'en ai marre !
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques
Writers
Mylène Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); SODRAC, Concord Music Publishing, União Brasileira de Compositores, LatinAutorPerf, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutor, and 10 Music Rights Societies
Song
L'Alizé
Artist
Alizée
Album
Gourmandises
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); SODRAC, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor, Muserk Rights Management, and 8 Music Rights Societies
Song
Gourmandises (Instrumental version)
Artist
Alizée
Album
Gourmandises (Instrumental version)
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); Wise Music Group, LatinAutor, LatinAutorPerf, SODRAC, and 12 Music Rights Societies
Song
À contre-courant
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); LatinAutorPerf, SODRAC, LatinAutor, and 8 Music Rights Societies
Song
J'ai pas vingt ans ! (Instrumental version)
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques (Instrumental version)
Writers
Mylène Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); LatinAutor, SODRAC, LatinAutorPerf, and 10 Music Rights Societies

Again they know it's copyrighted material. In fact is says licensed to YT by Believe music and Believe music suggests it! So they allow it, maybe because they are older songs and at this point, they consider it good advertising for her and I believe she can monetize it.

Les Enfoires seemed to be a tough show to post videos of without getting nailed for copyright violations.

In 2012, me, Jenny and a few other German fans went to a couple of those shows. Afterwards, me and Jenny posted videos and they were taken down right away. We made the mistake of using the name of the artist, the name of the song and Les Enfoires in the titles. That made it easy pickings for them to find them. But there were other German fans there who posted videos that were almost identical to ours, but didn't get caught because they named their videos "German fans in Rhone Alps 2012" numbered 1 through what ever and they are still there today.

So I'm not really sure what the current rules are. For the most part, I stopped posting videos that I'm not sure if they might face copyright violations because I've had a few strikes and don't want to lose my channel.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-19-2022 at 08:25 PM..