View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

This is by far my favorite Alizée solo album. I didn't feel that way the first time I heard it, but lately I've noticed that out of every album that I own, this one puts me into a relaxed state of mind. It's her best work yet, which surprised me because I was kind of disappointed with Psych and UEDS. (That doesn't mean there aren't songs on those two albums that I like, it just means that overall, I wouldn't find myself listening to the whole album like I do for "5.")

Every single song on "5" relaxes me, and I think the album as a whole fits very well together. On Psych and UEDS, there were songs that I would only listen to maybe once or twice a year, such as "Factory Girl". But I've been listening to the "5" album in its ENTIRETY for the past few weeks and haven't gotten sick of it. In fact, I've liked it even more than I did before.

Also wanted to add that I think I have a greater appreciation for her voice and musical style now than I did before. I think once I got over the "oh my god I'm in love with her" phase, I can finally focus on just my love for her music rather than on "crazed fan" type stuff.

I do miss the old Mylene days where she was all cute with her awesome dancing and sensual pop songs, and those days will always be an important chapter in my life, but I'm glad she moved on and is finding her place in the industry. There's a chance she will continue to improve.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q