View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
In the Ella Elle L'a video, right at 3:29, Alizee has a slight down gaze and seems to be judging the stair 3-4 feet beforehand, then she lifts up and looks to the left and does not have to look down again while stepping down. That is confidence.
She is able to see the steps in her mind, I believe. Its some kind of visualization ability.

Quote:
After reading viewing it, I had to go to La Isla Bonita, where Alizee makes her entrance. Everybody has watched it (most of us over and over and over again). Here she is bumping her hips out as she walks out singing, down two stairs, and finally to the mic stand.

Granted, she had to look down twice to navigate those stairs, but it looks more like a natural blinking of the eyelids. If you look at the top of her head, it is at a very steady height, even though she is glancing around along with moving forward. Very graceful.
What she's doing in Isla Bonita is very graceful, but I'm not sure what to make of it beyond that. What she does in Ella Elle L'a is amazing.

Quote:
I wonder if she had practiced walking around with a book on her head to help her with posture and graceful walking?
She might have done some practice--- but its largely an inborn ability, I believe. I don't think a girl could simply learn to walk the way Alizee does.

And the way she's able to "see" the steps in front of her without actually looking at them--- I don't think something like that can be learned.

I would suspect that Alizee's physical coordination and her visualization ability are interconnected, like two sides of the same coin.