Thread: Bad news .
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

I made this point a year or two ago when I posted a link to an U.S. eighties all girl band who still tour called the Bangles. There is so much news and items for fans to see on their web page. These women are no longer youngsters and all are in their fifties and still doing shows. Their Facebook page has 36,191 Likes compared to how many does Alizée have? Their Web page also has so much more information on what they are doing and selling. The Bangles.com/

I don't know if you knew this, but there was a british girl group called "Atomic Kitten" who did a cover of "Eternal Flame" like 7 or 8 years ago. It was quite successful because many people discovered that great song for the first time and the people who already knew about it could sing along to it again...
So it is sure things like that did benefit the original creators and performers to make a few extra money through the royalties of the "new" version of the song, some sells from the original album and certaily a few more shows for the Bangles, too. Everybody benefited from that at the time.

Of course the original is way superior!