Thread: Alizee live
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkidd78
To all,

First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved.

In regards to the new album, I know she is not working with the Farmer team - I am not familiar w/ her new "teams" work. Is it edgier or lighter? Any ideas/guesses on how the new songs will sound?
Jim

Yeah... the first time I saw Alizee certain parts of me were movin' too. He, he. A very familiar story... J'en ai Marre, anyone?

No one really knows about Alizee's upcoming album, just a lot of speculation on the entire Internet. Thanks to a posting by "Snatcher42" I've read that Alizee is supposed to have a new single out in September followed by the new album sometime at the end of the year.

Alizee sings live in her concert DVD and a few other videos. She sings magnificantly live in her concert, so much so that I prefer the live versions of some of her songs instead to the retail release versions.

Lipsynching is just the way that most people do it in Europe and here in the US when the singer is moving around, especially when they're dancing. Madonna and Janet Jackson both said that you can have great live singing or a great show (dancing and performing) but you can't have both. That's because the human body would be panting through most of the songs. Today, fans demand a physical show from top performers (dancing and moving around a lot) and that would leave you out of breath. Just check out a show from Madonna, Janet Jackson, or Britney Spears. Again, that's just the way the human body works. But Alizee has taken special voice classes to help her with the dancing and singing together part. And she does about as good as anyone could do it.

-Cybersoil

Last edited by cybersoil; 07-13-2006 at 04:24 PM..