View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:51 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
i still think there's an audience out there that appreciates the style of music she's going for... it's all about finding it.
I for one would find it more interesting if she was more interested in show-biz in so far as one is talking about performance. Interesting music mixed with interesting dance or ... something. That is what people want, an experience. Every time I go look at videos of the young Alizée at school or other girls there, I think that I wish Alizée had retained or regained some sense of that. But instead, one has the feeling that she's kind of broken from her element. It's no doubt hard to organize time and even more so training for events, but while she could just be a singer, she makes one dream a beautiful dream when one thinks of great music and her singing along with the beauty of dance. I know she can't probably do much of both at the same time, but for a music video, for instance... I think if she could do something really classy with dance and song, it would be within the realm of how we like to imagine her and bring her a lot of respect and adoration back.

But, it's one thing to say it and another to do it. That requires a certain talent, but also a certain amount of training. It's no doubt a lot easier to record for a video than do live, but people want Alizée to create a dream we can fall into and that's what creates the kind of fans that she initially attracted. It seems like it's just too late and has been for a long time, but then if I think of it actually happening, then it feels like it's not too late. I'm afraid that to gain traction she will have to do something and I don't see anything happening. I've been saying that since 2008. Maybe she's just not that person anymore and she has a whole different way of relating to the world than what we imagine as Alizée, but... someone is going to have to do something to get that music more attention and if it does, Alizée will have to be prepared to respond I think. Now, could such response just be doing concerts? Well, maybe and I suppose that would be fine, but to plan something out for months ahead... people could gain a lot of interest from some event and then lose it in the mean time. This is what happened in 2008 it seems like. When will something happen and when will she be ready to step back into show-biz? Maybe she is ready and is just waiting for someone to ask. For whom is it enough in 2010 to put out an album of 10 songs and let people know it's there? I guess if it works, it works, but if it doesn't everyone will say there is something missing.

Merci Fanny