View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

@ Chuck, well, I don't think it's about her planning anything for the future. I don't think Alizée has ever done much planning for the future. Annily is already in school, by the way, even if pre-school or kindergarten style. But I think there is a point there that one may miss. According to those remarks, in her world "show-biz" is about schmoozing while in our world, it is about performing. I wish she could have the one without the other if that is how she operates, but maybe that's no so possible for someone at her level. One thing I'll say about her "intentions" is that despite a lot of what she has said in the last couple years, if Les Collines, like Moi... Lolita, happened to sell a million copies in the first few months I'll bet we'd be in for a lot more in the way of promotion and concerts, though I also do believe that she might very well try to rest on such success and like Mylène (supposedly) stay at home rather than deign to submit herself to all of these interviews or even tv performances. Alizée wants success in terms of sales, credibility, and thus the power to keep up the life of being a popular singer, but she also wants to do the performance and then leave it at that and go about her life. She supposedly has no desire or gets little thrill from marketing and promotion, or even putting herself in the position of interacting with the public (people she doesn't really know) just to watch them fawn over her. I guess that's understandable, especially since all of that comes with the possibility of people turning against her or facing criticism. Still, I think that when it is going well, she does like all of this. Alizée was told that people would probably attack her like they did Vanessa Paradis, and yet she still proceeded. Of course, that was probably a long time ago when it was still amazing and thrilling and a dream come true as she has admitted. Alizée definitely wanted to be a big star like most people, but I will concede that perhaps once she really had realized that dream she did want to move on. I guess she's pretty much said as much.

Merci Fanny