View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I thought I would bump this thread to remind everyone that I am still looking for more people to participate in this project.

If you are in doubt, think of it this way - imagine you’re in a room with a dozen people or so, all of which are Alizée fans. It’s Alizée’s birthday and she is in the room with all of you. Someone says, “Let’s sing happy birthday to Alizée!” Are you going to stand there silent or are you going to sing along with everyone else? That’s what I’m asking you to do here.

Granted, Alizée will not be in the room with us, but she may very well get to hear this song when it’s done. We Americans are always talking about getting Alizée to come to the USA. We have seen all the hard work the Mexicans have done. The French are planning something for Alizée’s birthday as well. We have an opportunity with this song project and the Alizée Birthday Contest to do something in honor of Alizée, but it also gives us an opportunity to draw some attention to this site and her American fans, as well as international fans that are members here. As things stand now, I don’t think we are on anyone’s radar. I would like to see that change.

This is just a small start, but there very well may be many opportunities in the future to “stand up and be counted” when it comes to promoting Alizée in the USA. I am hoping that this little project will demonstrate that we have the ability to get things done and make things happen. So I hope more of you will consider participating. Time is running out, so I would like to get everyone's recordings sometime before August 7...