View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Welcome, Dan! Always a pleasure to see people visit us from France.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! The early Alizée always makes me feel like a potential pederast, especially the Gourmandises video!

Are you, then, somewhat older than she is?
-Oh yes... unfortunately !
There was some polemics about that in France. About her attitude and the meaning of the song Lolita ... In fact, I think everything come from her appearance: she look younger than she is. She had to justify herself about her short blue skirt in some newspapers, (just as she was some 15 yo little girl wearing something too sexy...) but she was already 19 at this time !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Definitely! I don't know if you meant that literally, but it is literally true. And I think that's one of the things that attracted Mylène to her (Mylène also has a lot of magic in her).[/I]
I'm agree. Mylène got a lot of magic...( black magic?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Well, contrary to appearances, we're not all barbarians here. [/I]
I know and didn't want to offend you ! But the US singers ( which knowed a real success here, in France, too) are so... pro, so " bigger than life", that you doubt they could be really human, sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[I
BTW, I read what you said on the other thread about the necessary change from her image while she was partnered with Mylène, to what she'll be showing now. I agree that's a concern and think she'll be worried about it some too. But at the same time, there's a person-to-person appeal to her that I think doesn't depend on age, and can present itself in a more mature form without losing anything. It may take a little adjustment for her old fans to get used to the new Alizée (especially since she'll now have a variety of songwriters, and not just Mylène and Laurent), but I also think she'll attract new people who were never much into her before[/I].
Well.. honestly I'm not so confident about it, but that's all I hope for her...