View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:05 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
No doubt, her rendition of La Javanaise is incredible. It's the only song of her's that I've gotten a friend to like and actually sing aloud. He even put it on his ipod (this was some years ago). I also believe she could do an amazing job if given a jazz tune and good (hopefully English) lyrics. But he was referring to Alcaline. In all fairness, AAm's talented musicians and artists such as Lefty or ImRawdg could cook up a good jazz remix of the song, but I don't think it would have been a good fit as an original.
I know the conversation was about Alcaline, but it got me thinking about jazz as a whole and whether that sound would be a good direction for Alizee.

I like Alcaline but her use of auto-tune makes the song seem dated and gimmicky. I think L'amour Renfort is a better song as far as French pop goes, at least to me. But I have always been one to enjoy the "deep cuts" of an album more than the songs that are promoted. I find them to be more creative. From rock music way back in the late 60's and 70's, I sought out the more progressive music over mainstream. This is why I think I would really enjoy Alizee making an album with some jazz hybrid sound.