Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Talking Poster pester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Just a friendly suggestion. When choosing pictures for making fliers, ask yourself how the Alizée of today will want to be portrayed in the US. Remember how hard Alizée has tried to make her image her own. Is it wise to promote her in an image she wants to leave behind? As compelling as the teenage Alizée in the sailor suit is, it's not her image anymore. Remember, we will be making a first impression FOR her by doing this. I think that makes us responsible for making the right impression, and the impression she wants.

Here's an example of a flier made and used during the Psych era:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...0&postcount=53

It's appealing and appropriate to the era it represents. Maybe we should do something similar. Just a suggestion...
I could not agree more, Lefty. Aaronius, you should probably stick with more current pix. The "sailor suit" and the lolita "dress", attractive though they may be, have very little in common with the Alizée of today. Think "Truth-In-Advertising" if you want to send the right message to the best possible audience.

And Lefty, did WooHoo do those earlier posters himself? They look fantastic!!! From a graphic standpoint, Psychédélices had a lot more fun colors involved that one could do more exciting stuff with. UEDS, on the other hand, is practically Lili's "Gray Album". Sure, it's classy, but not exactly eye-popping. Me, I like colors.

As to MYGOGT's suggestion of showing a transitional Alizée, I recommend looking at Jalen's signature. It's totally teriffic. Here (sorry, J) :

... But why hasn't he added a Lilly-with-bangs picture yet?

EDIT: Wasabi, those pics are utterly awesome! Everybody, do what Wasabi said ("I'd just put a big picture of her, her name, and perhaps a link to here with a short description.") and you won't go wrong!

Last edited by Chuck; 07-27-2010 at 12:57 AM..