View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Me too - but natural redheads. I'm not sure I would like to see Alizée as a redhead.

Depending on what we do, many if not most of us are measured this way (at least some of the time). However, it depends on the job on the intensity of this.

A performer has chosen a career where drawing the attention of the public is key to their success. It is important to them that thousands if not millions of people know who they are. Although I acknowledge that everyone needs privacy sometimes, if you spend a lot of your time saying "See me, Love me." it is unreasonable to think you can just throw a switch and expect people to just go away for a little while.

Anothr example is a politician. They have chosen a public life. They can still have privacy at home, but forget it in public. I was in a fast food place and a US Senator walked in for lunch. Discussions obviously followed. Although people were respectful and (for the most part) when he sat down to eat they let him eat in peace, he understood that, by walking into the restaurant in the first place, that he was now in public, and so was willing and ready to interact.

I was drawn to her for both who she is as well as the music. She is still who she is (for the most part - as commented on in other threads), however her music has changed. I like much of the older music better, in part because I prefer a more electronic sound and in part becaue I am usually drawn more to the music than the lyrics (Actually I am drawn to the overall feel of the song). The older works were more musically fosused while the newer works are (in general) more focused on the lyrics (in my opinion) and not quite as strong musically.

Reaching back to an old album for an example, Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks" album has many great songs (for example - Shelter from the Storm), and I enjoyed listening to them. However, I didn't listen to any of them 100 or more times.

Ditto.
Thanks Rev. Another very well said post.
And of course just to say it again and agree, we must on our side, for sanity and our own good I suppose, learn that in this ever more connected and privacy lacking world, we who want to constantly have as much access as possible must eventually decide to either turn away from certain things and over look it or otherwise let stuff go. Though there are times when it's a judgement call I suppose.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 01-22-2009 at 10:16 PM..