View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

For me, it was her looks that made me initially download her pictures and videos. For some reasons though, I had over 10 Gigs of Alizee stuff just collecting dust in my hard drive for months. I really didn't like (even to this day) her JEAM performance in the sailor outfit. I liked the song, her voice and her looks but, I didn't like the outfit and her dancing by herself. I thought she was just another Britney, Christina, etc. So, it wasn't enough for me to check out her other performances. (I didn't even finish watching that video).

I remember watching a lot of Natalie Imbruglia and Six Pence None the Richer videos before, just like other singers, I eventually got tired of them and looked for someone else. Then, while looking for that someone else, I chanced upon Alizee (again). Since I didn't like the first JEAM that I watched, I decided to look for her live performance and watched JEAM in En Concert. And that's when my life has changed (If I may borrow Merci Alizee's title)! This time though, I liked the dance but preferred the recorded song over the live one. It took me some time to changed my mind. Now, I prefer her live performances over the recorded ones.

At first, I thought, after a few days or weeks, I would eventually get tired of Alizee as well. But, I was wrong. I still watch her videos and listen to her everyday. I'm actually just starting to like her other songs, so I'm sure I'll be around for a long time. Her looks doesn't matter that much to me anymore. I used to hate women with tattoos and piercings (other than earrings). It used to be a big turn-off for me (I neither have one). But, for some reason, those didn't even diminish my respect for her. Her voice and her personality is what matters to me the most.

Last edited by Jake04; 11-01-2010 at 04:32 PM..