View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 08:46 PM

lurzep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Welcome to the forum lurzep!

I can't remember who, that's if I ever knew who A-Life is, but it looks like whoever it is has been around since 2011.

That's very interesting about the audio and I'm a little confused by it. Let's discuss her performance at the Eiffel tower. Now I thought with most of her performances where she dances, she lip synced to a studio version of the song because it's hard to sing well when you are dancing, so is that what we are hearing here? This was recorded in the studio, then enhanced, then that enhanced version was what was people heard at the Eiffel tower and now we are hearing the original studio version?

Or what I think is more likely, was it she did sing it live at the Eiffel tower, then they enhanced it for the video?
Hi Scruffydog! Thank you for the welcome.

Yes I believe the audio of these videos are her actual live singing. As I understand it, even during lip synced performances, artists will still sing the songs live, it's just that the audio of their singing will be muted/mixed low by the sound engineer and the studio version will be layered on top.

So for example, here is the same performance, but with the studio version providing the audio: https://youtu.be/yN6UsbVORS8

That's what makes these videos so unique and unusual to me. Whoever the owner of that channel is, it would seem that they (or someone they're in contact with) have access to the PA or TV mix that was used to provide the audio for these performances.

It is quite the curiosity indeed!