View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:33 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Translation of my previous post.
(Ajaccio video:
)

English:
[TV] It's on the highlands of Ajaccio that we met Alizée in a photo session in a villa that was lent for the opportunity. She confides to us after a full year of success.

[Alizée] Sure this year is very busy for me and also full of happiness since I didn't expect it. It happened by chance, I'd say, and very very quickly... But sure you don't realize it after a year.

[TV] After more than 1,500,000 singles and nearly 600,000 albums sold, nobody can doubt her success. As a proof, the latest NRJ Music Awards. She stays humble even after being elected "French-speaking Revelation" of the year.

[Alizée] I think that I'm lucky to be there, but I was there rather as a.. watcher rather than a performer. All meetings I had were.. were nice. Especially at the "Restos du Cœur" event, I've met bunches of artists... who have been very very nice with me and who welcomed me very well. I couldn't realize that I was performing between Jean-Jacques Goldman and Patrick Bruel for example.

[TV] More surprising, with 100,000 albums sold abroad, Alizée joins the privileged French artists that export well.

[Alizée] It's a bit bizarre for sure when you know that it does good in foreign countries while... most of.. most of people, I guess, don't understand any French.

[TV] But each coin has two sides. Alizée's success surely has forced her to change some habits.

[Alizée] I no longer do the same things that I did before, so as I live in Ajaccio, I have to leave more often, well every week in Paris where I work. I see my family and my friends less often, so it changed a lot for me since I went to high school everyday. Now I don't go anymore. And... but my mother stopped working to follow me everywhere and I'm supported very well. Sure I'm in a world of adults but when I'm back in Ajaccio, I see my girlfriends and remain as I was before.

[TV] Like all self-respecting Corsican girls, Alizée attaches a great importance to her girlfriends. Girlfriends who became her greatest fans.

[Alizée] They're very proud of me and they too hardly believe what's happening to me because when I sleep at their houses and that.. that I'm on TV, it's something very strange for them. But no... Well, they're still the same. They come and sleep at my house, I go and sleep at their houses. We go... we go shopping and all. They are.. they're still the same except that they're my groupies now... (laugh) in a way.

[TV] And even if all is success for her, Alizée keeps on having dreams that young girls usually have.

[Alizée] The first one would be swimming with a dolphin. I've already seen some at Marineland, but swimming with them in the ocean, I've never done that. I think that it's a dream for me. As for the second one, it should be performing on stage now.

[TV] In short, teenagers' desires that remind you that you're never serious when you're 17.

Last edited by aFrenchie; 09-03-2006 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: Improvements in the translation thanks to garçoncanadien.