View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
Oh data size does not matter, Im a guy who has downloaded 56Gb of bulk data at one go (all 6 seasons of 24 the series in 720p)....so a 12-15 Gb is nothing, if you can provide the links it would be appreciated! Thanks!
Also, can you tell me what you used for NTSC conversion, and how did you manage 30fps, I cant go over 26 without ruining the res!
See, the reason I said that downloading 12+GB - even via torrent - is borderline insane is because I'd NEVER do such a thing. Over here in the U.S.A., we just don't have the digital infrastructure to support such things. Our "hig speed" service providers have a tendency to throttle and delay large uploads and downloads, all the way to the point of stopping the transmissions completely. Only a tiny percentage of internet users even have access to bandwidth that would sanely accomodate huge file transfers.

And, more to the point, re-encoding the original wouldn't remove or reduce the "grain" problem you claim to see. I have a legitimate DVD of En Concert from France and I can tell you that the original 720x576 video isn't grainy at all, and that's when displayed on high quality equipment that would make such "grain" very easy to see. I suspect what you're looking at is a bootleg copy with an inferior video conversion or transfer.

Unless you buy a legit copy from Europe, you'll never get the quality you're looking for. When I did my own re-work of the DVD to make it fully NTSC compatible, I used the original French release as my raw data source, and the output I got still has a few occasional digital artifacts and some small amount of color noise (what you might call "grain"). However, for the sake of native compatibility with my video equipment, it was very much worth the effort.