View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Hey, I got a couple randumbs:

Anybody else think it's peculiar how Alizée's voice seems to have gotten a lot higher in the last few years? Intentionally, I'm sure, but it strikes me as weird how at first, she tried to sing in lower registers, now she mostly veers higher. In that 2010 version of "Lolita", it's almost a falsetto.

Or...

Anyone else here think that French music from the 00's sounds a lot more like American music from the 70's or early 80's than our music today? Not that they're behind us or anything, but that there's still a lot more emphasis on MELODY and MUSIC there, while here, these days it's mostly just about the beat and/or the shock factor.

Or...

Anyone else here still planning to go see Yelle? I was thinking about it (in Madison - May 8th), but then watched a couple more of her vids and said to myself, "no. I can't sit through that." I even showed em to the family, and they tried to run away!

Or... Who's next?

I'd start these as separate topics myself, but they're still like half-formed ideas, and I'm short on time. So Aaron, moderators, or whoever, I'm just tossing these things out there. Feel freeeeeeee to run with it.