View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

These days it takes a lot to make money in the music business, and with Alizée's traditionally thrifty fanbase, that just isn't a smart direction for her to go. Getting views on YouTube isn't going to sell albums for her. YouTube is probably why her album sales fell off so much. No reason to buy when it's all right there.

The dancing tour is the big money-maker. I doubt she can get in again because the fans of the tour will expect to see the more recent participants when they pay to attend.

Still, I can't see the strategy behind Chris Marques (who I think pretty much runs the French DALS franchise) creating this clip and choosing now to release it. I'm wondering if A&G were paid to make this, or were required to under contract. I'm curious to see what it's leading to, if anything, or if it's just a way for Marques to mine some cash from YouTube ad revenue.

Alizée hasn't been very active on social media for some time, and her current surge to support the YouTube clip seems compulsory to me. I think it could prove beneficial to her to maintain an active presence with the fans, but she does things her own way so I'll just stick around and see what comes next.