View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 07:43 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée's style for Une enfant du Siècle

Do you know this performance?

What do you think of this "atmosphere"?
I rarely listen to UEDS songs, but I have always been fascinated by her style in this specific "era". It isn't my absolute favourite one but, I don't know, there's something that I like about it, something that makes it so different and maybe even iconic. If the songs had been more accessible, perhaps now we would be talking about another successful album for Alizée.
Or maybe it is exactly the fact that UEDS is a niche product to make it so captivating and mysterious...
So, back to the video above, this performance is simple and yet so charming. What surprises me more is that "Je m'appelle Alizée": it sounds so intimate and true, as saying "this is just me and my music, nothing else". Unfortunately we can't see how large is the room and how many people are inside, but it seems small and it would be a coherent choice in this sense.
An exhibition like this seems more interesting than En concert to me in some ways. Obviously they are two completely different things and probably, if I could choose, I would buy a ticket for En concert, but this one is nice too, if you get what I mean.

What do you think? Do you like this kind of performances?
Some photos should help:

Complete album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alizee...57678702544982

Ps: you'll notice there were some problems with the music during "Grand central", but I wanted to show that video first anyway. Here is the other one:

Last edited by Aragorn97; 01-22-2021 at 07:47 PM..