View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Translation :

«Hi! It's Alizée! Follow me on OffTv to talk about Alain Chamfort and «Clara veut la lune»!

So, I met Alain in a restaurant ,by chance, and we talk about music, I was working on my previous album, and he said that he wanted me for a project he had, without saying much more... so we take each others adresses and then he send me an email in which he was asking me to particpate in a duet album project, an all girls project, which I found a great idea. I accepted immediatly, without even knowing the song I will be on.
I think the concept is original , and by the way, I usually have more affinity with boys than with girls, but on this album there is a lot of friends, actually.
There is Jenifer who is my «super buddy», Claire, that I already know, and a person that I admire a lot: Vanessa! ( Paradis )
Inside me , I was wishing to sing « Clara...» , but without talking about it, cause I didn't want to act like a spoiled child....
so when I receive the offer I was surprised. I said to myself « I got a lucky star!»
I knew the original version of the song and I loved the melody line and when I receive the first playback of the new tracks i loved it, cause I feel it was in the same electro mood as the album I was working on, so it was consistent for me.
Maybe if it had been «french variété» I would accept it anyway , but I thought the allusion was cool.
If I had to describe Alain Chamfort in 4 words... it would be...
elegance, timeless, smart and... cool .
He was very confident cause is hype, he's modern...what ever he'll do, it will be with good taste, that's my opinion, and what he did was to update the song to a 2012 version. I thought it was impudent to assume that choice.»

Last edited by Bigdan; 04-19-2012 at 03:23 PM..