View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Wow! Of course it not exactly the way I imagined it, but only because you don't have telepathic abilities. Based on my description alone, that pretty awesome. Especially with the incorporation on the 'A' with the flame which is much better than how I imagined it, that is freakin' awesome!
Cool, I'm glad you liked it! It's still not where I want it to be yet, but it's getting there.

Quote:
I think the torch might do well with a thin black outline and possibly (with very thin black line) some of the internal details (such as the ridged handle). Finally I'd be interested to see it on a more neutral background, possibly white or light grey.
Alright, here we go with takes 3A and 3B, then...one with the torch outlined, and one without:

Personally I like the abstractness of the torch without the outline. Outlining it just draws attention to the lack of detail in the rest of it, and I suspect adding more detail might just make it look cluttered and less iconic. (It would also be beyond my meager Photoshop abilities, so there's also that. )

I do think the handle grooves work well, though. Also outlined the flags so they'll show up better against a white background. The flame definitely needs work, I think, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Again, just to be clear, I'm not suggesting we use the symbol on the site or anything. Actually my dream application would be the back of leather jacket that has other Alizée details designed in.
Heh, that would be awesome!