View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
If you upsize the word "America" a bit, you can bring it up closer to "Alizée". That's what I did in my little logo, and I think it looks better that way.
Cool, thanks. I think I'm with CF in that I prefer the way it looks with "Alizée America" written side-by-side, but I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
You know Ruro, just my cent but I think you should add a ball-topper on the other side of the poles as well. The cut off line effect really doesn't seem too, well you know, there's just something missing over there.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. For the first few takes, I went to the trouble of rounding off the masts, but I've gotten lazy with these last few. I dunno if I'll add another ball on the bottom--I'm not sure I like the look of them on the top, honestly--but I'll definitely throw something on down there to make them look "finished".

Quote:
I'd ask for a little ripple-depth on the flags, but i'm not sure how that would turn out, so I guess it's all good no matter what.
I don't know that my meager Photoshop skills are up to it, but I can try it and see how it works. Don't hold your breath, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
One more tweak to the French flag would be to darken the red to match the stripes in the US flag; as it it looks slightly pink.
Hmm, hadn't considered that, but I see what you mean. I'll fix it on the next pass.

Quote:
I like the bigger flags but not the supersized so much. On version 4 it looks like the whole thing could still be framed by a circle if you went that far; where the supersized flags push it out to the sides overall so that it would have to be framed by an ellipse.
OK, that's one vote for the flag-size in version 4. I could go either way, myself. Anyone else have a vote before I start work on the next pass tomorrow?

Quote:
I like the resized flame; looks good. I also like the outlining in grey, very much; it's a solid compromise. I understand about the color of the 'A'; it does blend rather well with the flame. I'm just concerned that it doesn't blend too well, such that at some distance that the 'A' isn't distinct enough to be seen clearly... Perhaps darkening it a little?
Another really good point I hadn't even considered. I'll try a couple of different colour combinations on the next pass.

Thanks for all your input, guys. This is fun!