View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This post is only against the statements made by the OP and not against Neil Armstrong or the people showing their condoleces to him

Reasons to be in disagreement with this thread:

Reason 2 : The reality of today's society.

Before making big and inaccurate statements, we should always consider some factors, one of them being the society in which we live today. As important as Neil Armstrong is and will ever be as an icon in human history, his relevance today is not the same as it was 30 or 40 years ago.
From a blog:

Quote:
Who the f*** is Neil Armstrong?

AUGUST 26, 2012 8 COMMENTS
Sat on a train last night, my timeline on Twitter alternated between the X Factor and the death of Neil Armstrong, perhaps two opposite ends of the scale of human endeavour. Switching to a search on Neil Armstrong, I was amazed to see a significant number of tweets from teenagers along the following lines -

‘Who the f*** is Neil Armstrong?’

‘Don’t even know who Neil Armstrong is?’

‘Apparently Neil Armstrong isn’t a cyclist, so who is he? Everyone seems quite bummed out about it #confused’

I RT’d a collection of these tweets somewhat taken aback and saddened that they had not come across one of the most recognised people in world history and a couple of minutes saw the following tweet from a teacher in my timeline -
‘Dear 40-something dicks mocking teenagers who don’t know who Neil Armstrong is, what would you have tweeted when Douglas Bader died?’ followed shortly after by ‘cue waves of abuse from child geniuses who knew who everybody was who died when they were teenagers.’

We could discuss how this can be possible, we could get annoyed by this... etc, but the fact that there is some people who dont know who he was or what he did, it is undeniable. The activities of NASA don’t engage the actual generations in the same way they did in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I am not mad at you forum ... however I am just really disappointed!
Your lack of understanding of today’s society disappoint me.