View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I barely see the "image". The first thing I do is try to see beyond such things. Yes, Alizée is attractive, and that helps to create the initial interest to dig deeper. But the music is a big part of what interests me. But there is much to like about her beyond the image.

If you have paid attention to all the information available concerning Alizée over the last ten years, especially things she has said and done, you can sort of do a bit of speculating. As far as I can tell, Alizée is basically a good person, along with a few traits that some may see as negative or find annoying. In other words, she's a lot like most people who are for the most part very nice and likeable, but not perfect. What more can one expect of her? I see no evidence that she is not worthy of a reasonable amount of respect and admiration. I admire anyone who can keep their head on straight, especially in the environment in which Alizée has had to operate during the last ten years. She's done better than a lot of celebrities. Of course I don't know her personally, so I can't verify my conclusions with any evidence, but I haven't seen anything that would make me see her in a different light. And considering the fact that I am speculating, I won't go into any more detail than I already have. Let's just say that I don't think her celebrity status has changed her much.

I believe her strong personality traits were pretty well developed before her rise to fame and have remained fairly consistant throughout all that has happened to her in the last ten years. Regardless of what you may think of those personality traits, maybe that's the most admirable thing of all, that Alizée consistantly remains Alizée, regardless of outside forces tugging and pulling at her. But that's just my opinion.

I don't expect her to be perfect. That would be terribly unfair to anyone. If one expects Alizée to somehow be better than everyone else, sooner or later one is in for a disappointment. I believe she once said that she has a very strong "Corsican personality". Maybe that's not such a bad way to describe it. But in the end, my focus remains on the music, and on Alizée, the person.
Alizée has all my respect for the way she conducted herself so far.

You basically put it the way that I see it too. I certainly do see more to Alizée than her physical beauty. When I used the term “image” it was not in the sense that she is just a pretty face or a good looking woman. I just wanted to point out that I cannot know the real Alizée. I see her through a filter. One can certainly extrapolate and try to give her a particular personality (and I do myself), but this does come with a certain limitation which you also pointed out and which I try to keep myself aware of.