View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:12 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
Now when I can understand this interview, I realised why I'm learning French so hard It's very rewarding, when you can understand Alizée without translation, simultaneously with writing this post
Yes, it was pretty cool for me to be able to just understand some of what was spoken with no translation necessary. It's like being lifted from poverty, though I'm still not really quite there yet. I also agree that Alizée was easier to understand than others, though she also slurs some words sometimes like a typical native speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Haven't listened to much of it, but seems very different from her first radio apperance for Psychédélices! http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2511
Indeed. Back then she had been away from any interviews or the like for over three years, she was 19 the last time, and it was her first attempt to put together an album as "producer"--an album that she really put a lot into. Still, Alizée seems to usually have a way of coming off pretty laid back. In this interview it seems to me that she was pretty comfortable with them and just having a nice chat. She did have to fight her way into the conversation at times since they seemed to want to talk over her. I've noticed that a lot in various interviews with French people: interrupting each other. I don't know if that's more a French thing or just that I'm paying more attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Thanks for translation and for post...

I so luv her laugh. Its like she's in on an inside joke!
Agree. It is kind of funny. Alizée has a very laid back kind of laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Surely Alizée is sorry there was no opportunity to do music videos for this album, as she did a fine job with the <i>Mademoiselle Julliette</i> video, upon whose charm I have commented <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2010Jan/">here</a>. But you have to appreciate it costs a lot of money to lease (as well as decorate and staff) a facility like <i>Château Champlâtreux</i> - so much, in fact, they their Web site does not even quote a price (so they can <i>means-test</i> leasing parties during vacancies).
and it gave certain people visiting Paris (such as myself) the chance to go visit something Alizé-esk.

Merci Fanny