View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Not sure if it's different from state to state but I know here that you can't buy handgun ammo for a handgun, but you can buy it for a rifle if that makes any sense. Besides I don't think they restrict the sale of brass and unloaded bullets xD.

I'd say that is a fine list. I don't know that I would say the sig is more reliable than an AR, they just simply have different problems that ail them

Interesting though 5 is a lot I'd probably have to go with...

1. Smith and Wesson 686 or Ruger GP100 in .357, it shoots the most common bullet in the country being the .38 special and will take the full power .357. highly accurate and reliable to boot.

2. High Standard Victor in .22 lr. reliable .22 and will out shoot most your standard .22 rifles with it's 5" barrel.

3. Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54R, Heavy hitting utterly reliable accurate rifle.

4. PTR-91 in .308, can peg a man sized target at 600 plus and realiably stop them and Is the most problem free semi-auto platform in my experience which don't mean they don't have problems it just means I've had very few. The problems I do have well I can have fixed in a jiffy and have about any part I would need.

5. Remington 870 or Ithica featherlight- simply reliable

Regards,

Jung
Illinois gun laws suck majorly. If you aren't 21 you cannot buy ammunition that is considered handgun, even if it for a rifle. Plus, we are the last state in the country that doesn't have some form of a Concealed Carry Law. Didn't even think about reloading pistol ammo, so that could be an option.

I would say that the Sig is more reliable if not easier to maintain. Since it isn't a direct impingement system, it can run longer without lube, and if fouling becomes an issue, you can switch the gas rod to stage 2 to allow more gas to flow. The other day, a guy had a smith and wesson mp-15 and a casing blew in the chamber totally locking it down. There was no way to get it open without taking the barrel out, which takes time and tools. The Sig, like I said earlier, just needed a swift hit in the charging handle to get it unstuck.

I learned never play this game with people that play Call of Duty. They were saying guns like a Barrett .50, Desert Eagle, Rocket Launchers, Flame Throwers, etc. All I could do was It's nice to do this with someone that actually knows what he's talking about.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 11-01-2011 at 08:23 PM..