View Single Post
Old 11-26-2023, 09:23 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default The New Napoleon Movie

I haven't seen the movie; so my comments are perhaps premature ! But just from the trailor of the film, I don't think I like it ! Fist of; if you are doing a movie about the life of Napoleon; you have to have at least a Young Napoleon and an Old Napoleon; but better yet, also a Middle-aged Napoleon. No matter how good an actor Joaquin Phoenix is; he can't play all the roles ! They needed to find some French actors to play the other roles, I think ! Ridley Scott the director says this isn't history; but a Psycho analysis of Napoleon; but it seems to fail there and merely ends up showing like cliches of Napoleon ! For excitement sakes they show Napoleon leading a Cavalry charge; but being an artillery officer, Napoleon never led one anywhere ! As a commander of an Army he had cavalry officers to lead those charges; such as Murat at the battle of Aboukir. ( having been an amateur Historian, I know a little bit about Napoleon ). So the movie seems to fail completely as an Analysis of Napoleon, also .
Napoleon was obviously a Genius; wrote the French Code Napoleon Law, and innovated many tactics and formations, such as the army Corps, which is used up to the present ! So the movie Fails in many areas, it seems.

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 11-26-2023 at 09:27 PM..