View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 08:55 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
Once upon a time, there was interest and discussion about booking her for a concert show somewhere in the US, but at the time we were so numerous (fans in the Northeast, South, Midwest, West Coast, etc) that we couldn't really decide where it would be held. Perhaps we dropped the ball there. Had we known we would go down this path, perhaps we could have organized better and gotten something concrete going.

Now there are so few, I can't imagine getting enough money together for a venue and all those other costs, let alone her fee.
I'm not sure what time frame you are talking about here, but I remember four or so years ago, Alizee opened herself up to private bookings of concerts. She did one in Warsaw and then Kiev. We here were "daydreaming" a bit about how to get her to the US to do a concert. We never made any real decisions, but the idea of having it in Orlando was the best idea in my opinion, since Disneyland is there. They have a place there where you can swim with dolphins, and we all know how much Alizee loves dolphins. The venue could have been the local House of Blues in Orlando, which is a perfect sized venue for her. Even the idea of a GoFundMe was discussed to raise money for it.

You probably remember around the same time, Alizee announced a concert and a "fashion show" in Mexico. Then she expanded that to two shows in different cities in Mexico. I'm not sure who was her manager at the time or if she tries to do it herself, but ever since she split with Mylene, never underestimate Alizee's ability to shoot herself in the foot. She hired two promoters for the Mexico gigs based in Mexico and assumed they would work together to sort out the work visas for the two shows (which they didn't), and Alizee finds out a few days beforehand the whole trip is a bust and cancels.

She blamed the promoters for not communicating with each other but I lay this at the feet of Alizee and her management for not communicating with them. She promised she would be back in Mexico and that never happened. Then you had all those who purchased tickets and made travel arrangements who are not happy at all.

So "damage control" is not one of Alizee's strengths, but avoiding the need for damage control is even more desirable. Her not communicating with her fans every now and then disappoints them and some turn their back and never come back. This happened during her two year hiatus at the height of her popularity, then when she decided to go public again, her reception was probably not what she expected. I would hate to see this happen to her again.