View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 02:53 AM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

An interesting Google flyover of Ajaccio. It's easy to see why Alizee is so in love with her home city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1sV9rQ8DOQ

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I had wondered if there was a "Corsican Mafia"--- I guess there really is one. Thanks Shepherd, interesting.

According to the video, there are 4 Mafia gangs in Corsica, possibly all in Ajaccio, but for so small a city that would be quite a crowd.

As a celebrity, I'm sure Alizee has been approached by them, possibly just so they could meet a star, possibly to shake the Lyonettes down for having a business in their territory. The video said the Mafia is mostly into real estate, so the dance studio might not have drawn their interest.

I think it's especially frightening that they are killing government officials. When I lived in Chicago as a boy, the Mafia murdered mostly other gangsters, so they weren't all that frightening. We would see them in the neighborhood. It was easy to recognize them because of the way they dressed. As a kid, I talked to some of them. They seemed like really nice guys. I understand Stalin was also a likable fellow despite having murdered a few millions people.

Last edited by 24Shepherd24; 04-20-2020 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts