View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:09 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Cool Redacted...France Making A Comeback!

lovingalizée: Yeah, you're right. French ain't so bad! So if I sounded kinda negative or discouraging there a couple days ago, please kick me somebody! I was kinda bitter that day. My kids said they're a little sick of Alizee. Don't worry, I cut off their noses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
...careerwise, you'd be better off with learning Spanish, or Chinese or Japanese, you do realize......

Really, French is wack. It's not gaining in world popularity polls the way English is. They've got two genders for all their nouns, a million diffferent endings for all the verbs, adjectives that have to match the gender and plurality of the noun they modify.... I mean who invented this crap??? Oh yeah. French people.

Complain, complain, complain!
At this point, I'm hoping that anyone who listened to these rantings can go back and try to imagine as if I'd never said 'em.

And now I'd like to go on record saying--Things Are Changing. For Example:

> HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT NEW COMMERCIAL ON TV FOR DEGREE ANTIPERSPIRANT? FEATURING A SONG (sung in French) BY A CLAIRE DENAMUR? She was at least as unknown in this country as Alizee, but already, people are blogging about Claire Denamur, and buying records!

> Another sign of change: OBAMA. For decades, The US's official policy toward France was "Policy? What's that? France? Huh? Can I watch some TV now?" We didn't pay much attention to the French, and they certainly lost a lot of respect for us. But that's already improving...

> Another sign: for the past four years, Madtown here has had a Bastille Day Fest, featuring French-language musicians from around the globe.

> Another sign: Suddenly I've got at least 8 neighbors on my street who are fluent in French! 4 of em just moved in. From France! From Friggin', Froggy, France!

Finally- careers speaking French? Of course there are! You are all some very bright people here. You're limited only by your talents and imagination. But here's a new career suggestion: learn French and you could make your mind up to become Alizee's North American Tour Manager!

...Or don't learn French, and someone else will get that job!