View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
So mavsluver and ruroshen, which one do you think is the real menaning?
I'm sticking with my Boxer Rebellion interpretation...

OK, honestly? Mavs is probably right that it's meant to be implicit. There's no question that it's a provocative song--it's about a hot girl with soft skin and a breathy voice in a bubble bath, after all. The English version drives the point home a little harder, what with the "legs up for hours" and the nigh-orgasmic moans in the second verse that are lacking in the French version. We are probably meant to wonder if there isn't some furious double-clicking going on (and perhaps a little manipulation of the scroll-wheel...yes, I went there) as she seeks to escape the things that stress her.

The key words, though, are wonder and implicit. It's a "read between the lines" kinda thing. Not an "every single line of the song is a deliberate double (single?) entendre" thing. Mylene's lyrics are full of clever and suggestive wordplay, but sometimes a vomit-inducing cucumber is just a vomit-inducing cucumber. (And there's your "Freudian terms" right there. )

To answer the original question of the thread, did Lili know? I'm pretty sure she figured it out. She's a smart cookie.

EDIT: Oh-emm-eff-gee...Tchaikovsky, you wins the thread, hands down. Brilliant, sir.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 10-01-2008 at 10:47 PM..