View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 05:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

We had a member in here years ago who was from Montreal. A member who seemed to be very intelligent and well learned in both the English and French languages. If memory serves me correctly, he was of the opinion that every song written for Alizée had some sexual connotation and of course we are talking about the two highly successful albums MF and LB wrote for Alizée.

Now except for the song Tempete which was a song about Napoleon, It would be no shock to me if that was true, because it was said of MF that she designed a sex toy, then wrote a song about it. Now I'm no expert on Mylene, but from what I've seen of her and heard about her, I think her and Laurant are incredibly talented; they went to college together and studied the arts together and are incredibly gifted, but there is no doubt they used sex to sell.

Now I think there is no doubt that these songs may have had a very nice side to them and then a very sexual side. That's an ability in song writing Mylene had. I think in some cases Alizée knew there was a risqué side to them and had no problem singing them, until she grew up and realized that there was a very controversial side to what she was doing, (something she never would have had a part in) until Jeremy came along and gave her the rest of the story.

So we can look at these songs in the very controversial way MF intended, or we can look at these songs in the way that Alizée saw them and that's what I think we should do as a forum. We should be able to realize they were something "beyond" what Alizée knew and we should look upon them in the beautiful way and sometimes sexy way, that Alizée interpreted them.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-20-2015 at 05:39 PM..