View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
I perfectly agree with you, It's Laurent Boutonnat's perversion and psychotic mind that makes up all of his charms and cloaks his work with that fascinating omnipresent mistery ... Just look at Désenchantée , Sans Contrefaçon or the movie Giorgino (probably his best film) to notice how unique his filming style and scenarios are..

Well, thats his style, his way of expression. He uses synthé instruments in his music all the time, thus transfering this very mistery into his music. If you ask me, in Gourmandises he achieved the perfect mix between this mistery (dark) and the persona Alizée played so well (which is why I think MF and LB chosed Alizée in the first place, because she complemented the mistery and darkness of the universe she was about to become part of with her own positive character).
I am sure that some die hard Alizée_is_a_flower_that_got_used_by_MF_LB believers will want to burn me for what I am going to say now, but whenever I hear Alizée (or Lolita), I associate her with the Veni Vidi Vici and Mon Maquis Alizée. And yes, I love her recent works, I love UEDS, ACDLA, Psychédélices, but the Gourmandises (and also MCE) Alizée represents the perfect mixture of mistery, depth of ones emotions, metaphysics... the best one can get from the LB's and MF's worlds, mixed with this beautiful Corsican angel.
This is for me art - having ones own universe. LB's universe looks dangerous, ugly, but for me it really isn't. For me, LB's universe is all about being a child in your hart, being aware of your nature, being a deep person with his own morality, metaphysics and world outlook. That, at least for me, lies beneath LB's provocative style, and that is what attracts me to his works.

Does Alizée have her own unique universe at the moment, which would be comparable in its depth to LB's universe? I don't think so, as far as I have seen. If she wants to sing about her ex-husband and other comparable things like that (which I, forgive me, perceive as shallow), that is OK with me. I will continue to seek pleasure, ideas and depth in her music, but whenever someone will mention Alizée to me, I will wander in my mind to the Gourmandises (and MCE) Alizée, because that is where the real beauty and depth lies. At least for me.

That is, until Alizée comes up with universe of her own...