View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 PM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

To Daniel,

Thank you for sharing all of this.

For what it’s worth I agree with pretty much every word. I often go back to the early stuff (I downloaded a lot of high quality videos just before the file sharing Web sites were taken down a while back (rapidshare etc). I watch En Concert all the way through too – great songs, a top-notch band, backing singers and dancers, great sound and staging, all in a top venue with a packed-out adoring crowd. Alizée herself had risen so high and fast that she understandably probably thought she could do no wrong and her presence and confident presentation seemed to reflect that.

The tough part is knowing - in hindsight - as we now do, that this was the peak and there was a long downhill descent ahead. I admit what I want (as you do) is to have the old Alizée back but of course it’s impossible for many reasons – but a return to great songs (of MF and LB quality) would go a long way towards it and might one day lead to big concerts – as you point out, others do it and they don’t have her looks and charm. The tattoos are a hideous disaster in my opinion – but she loves them!

What I’m hoping is that all this current DALS success has really given her a taste for being at the top again and she decides to really go all out for it even if there has to be some humble pie with Mylène; she’s still only 29 after all.

Anyway, just so you don’t think you’re the only one – far from it. Hope things will be on the up and up for you soon!