View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 10:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
..........So I decided to search the hashtag 'Alizee' on TikTok, and there are now 32.5million views under that tag. Though not all of them relate to our Alizee, I wanted to highlight some numbers these videos were hitting. So here are some videos and correlating stats, and keep in mind that views are not displayed on the app (at least on desktop), only likes and comments.

https://www.tiktok.com/@retromusic_o...from_webapp=v1 (Moi Lolita WMA, 214.9k likes, 2777 comments, 7577 shares)

Just looking at that first link, 214k likes is nearly half of what's on her most viewed YouTube video, which happens to be of the same performance. Though it is important to remember that the view to like ratio is a lot different on TikTok, 214k likes is likely only 1-2 million views, whilst on YouTube it takes far more views to achieve a similar number.

So yeah, good to see her work is being shared on another popular social media, especially a platform with a lot of young people (such as myself) who's best chance of discovering Alizee is through some algorithm recommending one of her videos.
The first video is a Moi Lolita performance from 2002, apparently from a Russian channel on Tik Tok, "Retromusic_official". It "looks"to have been posted in November of last year. So as Ben.Daly mentioned, it's had over 215,000 likes and 7,580 shares in just under 9 months. For her to still generate those types of numbers in that amount of time I think is amazing.