View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This move is called the "Half-Scrunch" at 1:11 It's a rare event. I don't recall her doing this one anywhere else but this performance.

https://youtu.be/6Cq93i_VjJ8?t=67

Normal Full-Scrunches at 1:38 and 2:34.

The performance would be so much better without all those dancers around her. Too much.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
It depends on what you mean by "natural" versus "staged."

The scrunches are "natural" in the sense in that she does them both on-stage and off. (For example, she probably does nose-scrunches when engaged in conversation with close friends and family.) I think the nose-scrunches are a facial-gesture that she has probably done all her life.

But the scrunches are "staged" in the sense that they are done under conscious control. Off-stage (e.g. conversation at a family BBQ), the scrunches are being done deliberately in the context of a conversation. On-stage (e.g. En Concert), the scrunches are being done deliberately in the context of a performance.
I don't think we are going to agree on this topic, but I do enjoy the conversation.

I think if she consciously makes a decision to face-scrunch on stage, then somebody or somebody(s) had told her in the past that they are endearing and not annoying. Why would she purposefully do something on stage that might annoy some of those watching her?

Did Mylene notice her scrunch and tell her it was really cute when she does it, so make a point of doing it while performing? Or maybe she noticed her scrunch and thought it was endearing but said nothing? I think if Mylene tried to correct anything in Alizee, it would be her tendency to talk and sing out of the left side of her mouth. I don't think Mylene tried to change Alizee's personality at all.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-18-2019 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts