View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 09:28 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;254543]I was very disappointed reading the translation for the Zig-Zag radio show. It looks like at this time there is nothing in the works at this point for a new album.

I don't think Alizee is giving a new album serious consideration. She might have even given up on her singing career. An album would consume a lot of her time, and I'm sure she would have difficulty attracting investment after the dismal performance of the last album. Finding music that she could sell is also a major problem. Alizee could take a lesson from Linda Rondstedt who also experienced a depression in her career. Alizee needs to work on her voice. She has to rebuild her singing career--not from the bottom but close to it. Alizee could get a band and work with them to develop some unique music suitable to her personality that could be tried out in clubs and occasional TV spots. If these received a good reception that demonstrated the existence of a market for her music then she could go for an album. This route would take two or three years, if it succeeded at all. She can no longer count on attracting a teen audience turned on by her sex appeal. She has to shoot for a more serious audience. It's not going to be easy. I'm not confidant Alizee would even want to try this. She would have to spend considerable time on the road, taking her away from Gregoire, Ajaccio, and her family. I have a hard time seeing her do that. She very likely would not consider the sacrifice of her life worth such a career. For this reason, I am not optimistic about her singing career. She does have the advantage that she is a well known star in France and there are a lot of people who do like her person. Now she just has to find the right music.