View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Merci Alizée

New announcement on the hub(alizee.myftp.org)

Quote:
By Digimaze

We are going to have to change the domain name for this hub, as we recently had to do with our sister hub Chibizone
(now "POPASIA"). When I opened up my IP forwarding account, I found that "alizee.myftp.org" is NOT transferable.
My IP address is being used as a secondary in case the original IP address for the hub is offline (which it is).
I do NOT have a static IP address, though I've had the same one for over two years. I've been lucky... but everyone's
luck can run out. If my IP address changes for ANY REASON (power failure, server maintenance, etc.) this hub is GONE
with no way to change the secondary address to my new IP address. So we needed to select a new domain name and implement
it as soon as possible.

The new address for the hub will be:

"girlpop.hopto.me"

--which more accurately fits with the current focus of this hub: female pop singers. I think that's the best choice.
To keep our long-time Alizee fans comfortable with this change, we will keep the name "Alizee Hub" until such time as
we reach a point where we decide that we want to vote on a NEW name. IF Alizee fans continue to support this hub,
then "Alizee Hub" it will STAY.

This change will not happen for a few more days, I'm just letting all members of this hub know in advance. My suggestion,
to be on the safe side, is that you create a new listing in "Favorite Hubs" (I call mine "New Alizee Hub") with your
current nick and password so that you're prepared when the time comes.

IN SHORT: IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE ALIZEE HUB IN A FEW DAYS, GO TO "girlpop.hopto.me"

You're a bunch of great guys, some of whom have been a part of this hub for many years. I don't want to lose any of you
due to you not being aware of this change.
Just for the information of the members who use the hub.