Thread: Mylène Farmer
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 03:26 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I met Alizee in New York in 2003. I live in San Antonio, Texas, and went to the Big Apple to visit my sister, Rita, who was living there at that time. My sister took a few days off work so we could explore Manhattan. We were walking through Central Park, and on a lark decided to ride the merry-go-round. Rita, got on a horse to my left and just as the ride began a young woman jumped on the horse on my right. This took me by surprise because the marry-go-round was practically empty, perhaps 5 or 6 people on it. The girl could have sat any place. The young woman was very winsome, laughing and talking to me, but I couldn't understand a thing she said because, I don't speak French. The only French I knew was "bonjour," so I said "bonjour" and she laughed. She was with an older woman who didn't ride the merry-go-round. She stood off to the side and watched. I have no idea who this woman was. Rita had lived in Paris for a few years so I asked her to translate. She got off her horse and came around to talk to the young woman. They exchanged a few words, and then Rita said, "Oh, my God! This is Alizee." "Oh, I said," somewhat surprised that Rita would know her. "Is she a friend of yours?" "No, she's a famous pop star in France, like Madonna." I was somewhat flustered and had no idea what to say to a famous French pop star who didn't speak English, so I said, "bonjour." Alizee laughed. It was a little awkward, and Alizee dismounted her horse and jumped off the merry-go-round while it was still moving and she left. The whole event couldn't have taken more than 3 or 4 minutes. I marked it down as an interesting experience and quickly forgot about it because--frankly--Alizee meant nothing to me. Ten years later in 2013, I was cruising You Tube and stumbled upon the video of Alizee singing "J'en Ai Marre." She knocked me out of my chair. She looked familiar, but I wasn't sure it was the girl in the park. I called Rita who confirmed, "Yes, that was Alizee." I think Alizee got onto the merry-go-round next to me to see if a stranger in America would recognize her, and sure enough, I didn't. Now I'm a severely addicted fan.

Awesome story. Now, just tell us was it just a dream of yours, or was it for real?